Spindle motors are also called high-speed motors, which refer to AC motors whose revolutions exceed 10,000 rpm. It is mainly used in wood, aluminum, stone, hardware, glass, PVC and other industries. It has the advantages of fast speed, small size, light weight, low material consumption, low noise, low vibration, etc., and is more and more valued and applied by related industries. .
A CNC spindle usually refers to the shaft at the center of the machine tool's axis of rotation, and sometimes refers to the entire rotary unit, including not only the shaft itself, but also its bearings and anything connected to it. The spindle rotates on an axis that receives motion input from the CNC controller. The spindle is a very important CNC machining center for parts. The form of the spindle determines the speed and cutting force. A machine tool may have several spindles, the largest one being called the spindle. Spindle usually implies spindle without further qualification. A variety of configurations and spindle options are available to meet the needs of different industries. Common examples are lathe spindles, milling spindles, grinding spindles, electric spindles, low-speed spindles, high-speed spindles, etc.
Machines containing spindles are used in metalworking and woodworking, in the manufacture of electronic components and in the manufacture of CNC parts of various shapes. A CNC machine tool spindle is a rotary axis used to drive a workpiece or tool. It provides the relative motion between the tool and the workpiece, which is essential for material removal. The CNC spindle mainly plays the following functions:
-Provide constant power within a certain speed range to ensure sufficient cutting force.
-Positioning: Make the spindle stop precisely at a certain position for tool change, boring and special work requirements.
- Simultaneous development.
-Synchronous operation with the servo shaft; ensure that the main shaft rotates once, and the servo shaft moves in a certain straight line.
- If there are several spindles in the system, both spindles can run synchronously.
- Turn the spindle into the servo axis.
There are many classifications of CNC machining center spindles, and different countries have different standards. There are general classifications according to the taper of the spindle, such as BT60, BT50, BT40, BT30, and BT represents the number of tool brackets after the diameter of the tapered interface. The machining centers that these different types of spindles can match are different. Due to the different diameters of the spindles, the rotational speeds are different, which directly leads to different processing capabilities.
1. BT30: The diameter of the spindle is small, and the maximum speed that can be achieved is higher than the diameter of the spindle. It is generally used in drilling and tapping centers or some small machining centers, and is most suitable for making molds and drilling and tapping.
2. BT40: The diameter of the spindle is medium, and the maximum speed is limited. Most machining centers use BT40 spindles. This spindle can be used for finishing or roughing. It can also be used for molds with larger drilling diameters and is the most widely used of these different types of spindles.
3. BT50 and BT60 generally carry out rough machining, and the maximum speed is only 8000rpm. This kind of spindle is not commonly used in CNC machining centers.